Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivty between Dell force 10 and Cisco 3750 switch

Hello Experts,

I need to connect Dell Force10 SFP+ to Cisco 3750x.

can anyone please advise me how to achieve this? what all sfp's i need to order and any design and configuration consideration please?

it would be great if someone shared their experience.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

let say i already have Dell SFP, can i use same to connect to the cisco?

You can try it and see if it works. if it doesn't you would have to order the Cisco part number.

Cisco switches work with some vendor's SFPs but not all. You just have to try it.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

On the 3750x you need this module:

C3KX-NM-10G to connect using 10Gig fiber from 3750x to force10.

You also need SFP+ optics (SFP-10G-SR) if the distance between the devices is short.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-x-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

HTH

Thanks for your inputs..

i came across below posts:-

http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-switches/866-cisco-switches-3rd-party-sfp.html

Please advise how useful above post is?

at the dell side we have sfp+..

You can try it and see if it works. if it doesn't you would have to order the Cisco part number.

Cisco switches work with some vendor's SFPs but not all. You just have to try it.

HTH

Thanks for reply.

so here is my progress:-

Dell Switch(SFP+)<<<<< 10 Gig Fiber cable>>> SFP-10G-SR    module (cisco 3750 switch).

do you think in above case i could run into compatibility issue?  as both devices has got their own SFPs.

Please advise if i have to order something which could compatible with both devices? or above setup would work fine.

Thanks! 

Theoratically it should work fine.

But some SFP would not work that bases on the compatibility between the two vendors.

HTH

Hi,

I think your set up will work just fine specially since each device has its own SFP.

Try it and let me know.

Good Luck

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card