cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert a Switch Cluster to a Community.

jbuhmeyer
Level 1
Level 1

I loaded the Cisco Network Assistant and it asked me if I want to convert my cluster to a community config. Is this something that can be performed on the fly with no network down time? Thanks for your valuable insight.

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Network Assistant has a Cluster Conversion Wizard to help you convert the cluster to a community. For more information about Network Assistant, including introductory information on managing switch clusters and converting a switch cluster to a community.

viveks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

This this can be done without any network downtown. As compared to cluster, community is relatively new concept in Network Assistant, though it has been there for few years now.

When you use Cluster Conversion Wizard to convert your cluster to community what you need to make sure is that every device in your cluster would be reachable via its own IP address. But If you have not assigned IP address to some devices in your community this wizard will ask you to assign IP address to those devices. Then onwards you'll use the community name to connect to your network.

Almost all the new features in Network Assistant appear only in community mode so there are definitely good reasons to do this conversion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card