Didier1966
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In my network I use :

WRT610N

SLM2008

SLM2008

Both SLM2008 are in trunk mode , so I have the same configuration on both SLM2008.

When I do everything manually on both SLM2008 , it will work , but if I make a BACK-UP on one and save the SWITCH-1.CFG file and RESTORE it on the other one , to have a real copy , this does not work ?

Is this a bug or feature ?

The idea is to help our dealers with some plug and play solution for the shops, if I have to program every single SLM2008 , this is mission impossible

I taught to use BACK-UP and RESTORE , but if one of you has some beter idea , please let me know.

Best Regards,

Didier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Didier,

Not familiar with these devices, but if save and restore is not working, you may want to take a good copy of the config of one device and paste it into a notepad, then make all your changes like IP address and/or vlan, etc in the notepad and paste it to a new device.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Didier,

Not familiar with these devices, but if save and restore is not working, you may want to take a good copy of the config of one device and paste it into a notepad, then make all your changes like IP address and/or vlan, etc in the notepad and paste it to a new device.

HTH

Reza

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card