cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy IOS from pc to local TFTP server

terrelstinnett
Level 1
Level 1

How do I copy an IOs from my pc to a Solarwinds tftp server on my pc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza

I have read (again) the original post and realize that I seriously misunderstood the original request. I focused on how to copy IOS to the TFTP on a PC and assumed that it was from a router to the PC. But the original question was actually from the PC to the TFTP server on the PC. In that context copy and paste (or drag and drop) from one folder to a different folder is most likely the correct answer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just copy and paste it to

C:\TFTP-Root

HTH

Reza

In my experience copy and paste works (sort of) for config files, but I do not see how it could work for and IOS.

Stanley

If you want to copy IOS from the router to a TFTP server the easy way is to use the command

copy flash: tftp:

when you enter this command the router will generate several prompts asking for the address of the server and the file to be copied and then it will copy the file to the server.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Here is my understanding from the OP's question.

He has already downloaded the IOS from Cisco's site to his PC in a folder (not TFTP folder) and now he wants to move the same file in to the TFTP root folder, so it is accessible form the switch or router..

Now, my undestanding could be completey wrong

Reza

Reza

I have read (again) the original post and realize that I seriously misunderstood the original request. I focused on how to copy IOS to the TFTP on a PC and assumed that it was from a router to the PC. But the original question was actually from the PC to the TFTP server on the PC. In that context copy and paste (or drag and drop) from one folder to a different folder is most likely the correct answer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thanks a lot Rick. that worked just fine. now i am trying to figure out this memory issue. you are a lot of help.

thanks.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Stanley, can I request if you refrain from making multiple posts of the same issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: