cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy tftp problems with sub-interface

bretcollins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 router at a remote location. The router's Ethernet port has 3 subinterfaces, - the main interface is unnumbered but 0/0.1, 0/0.2 and 0/0.3 are numbered and are using dot1q encapsulation. If I do a ping command I have to do the extended ping and choose what interface I want to use. That has been working for me but now I need to copy the config to a ftp server but it is not working. I believe it is similar to the ping problem because it doesn't know what interface to use but I can't specify what interface to use in a copy command. Am I overlooking something really simple? The VLAN 1 interface is tagged as native. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Just to be clear, are you talking about tftp or ftp because you mention ftp in your message.

Assuming tftp try this command

ip tftp source-interface "interface"

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Just to be clear, are you talking about tftp or ftp because you mention ftp in your message.

Assuming tftp try this command

ip tftp source-interface "interface"

HTH

Jon

Yes I meant tftp. That is what I needed - thanks for the quick reply, it's already working.

Glad to have helped

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card