Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Copying running configs to 6509 core switch

Hello,

If I copy a backup running config from at tftp server to 6509 core switch using the copy tftp running config switch  command will all the config from the tftp that is pointing to a notepad file with the config copy exactly to a core switch or is there a better method to copy the running config without missing any config from the back config on the notepad to core switch. I tried just doing a config t on switch and pasting the whole config from notepad but I got quite of bit errors and not everything copied I also copied in parts but same problem.  I need a good method to copy configs to a switch without missing parts of the config, any suggestions?

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Copying running configs to 6509 core switch

If I copy a backup running config from at tftp server to 6509 core switch using the copy tftp running config switch  command will all the config from the tftp that is pointing to a notepad file with the config copy exactly to a core switch or is there a better method to copy the running config without missing any config from the back config on the notepad to core switch. I tried just doing a config t on switch and pasting the whole config from notepad but I got quite of bit errors and not everything copied I also copied in parts but same problem.

This is the best and fastest way of doing things.

You save the config of your router/switch into the appliance's own flash memory.  Copy that file to your TFTP.  (Optional) Edit the file.  Copy the file to the new destination via TFTP.  Copy the file into the destination's running-config (not the startup-config).  If anything should go wrong, reload the appliance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content