cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cos and DSCP on a switch .. both need to be used ?

parisdooz12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am begining to work to apply Qos on switchs (C2960 & C6500), and I still have a doubt about the necessity to consider the cos value. I indeed want to apply Qos for ToIP, Video, perhaps create a scavenger class, ans in all cases, I classify my packets with TCP/UDPB port and mark them with DSCP. So is it really necessary to study all the DSCP/CoS mapping problematics ? Is it not possible to make the configurations only on the base of the DSCP field?

Thanks by advance for your help.

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

yes you do, as the last time I looked at QoS. A 6500, it only supports CoS so you need to understand the mapping tables for the relative queuing options.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

yes you do, as the last time I looked at QoS. A 6500, it only supports CoS so you need to understand the mapping tables for the relative queuing options.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer. You're (unfortunatelly) right. The exception seems to be 6708-10GE cards which are able to map cos or DSCP.

Hoping Cisco is going to ease the Qos implementation in the future! ;-)

Hey I know it can frustrating sometimes, but what can you do!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card