cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

couldnt get to the configure mode

srikanth ath
Level 4
Level 4

I know this shouldnt be posted here. But hope experts who have an Idea about foundary switches would help me.

Foundary switches version FES4802

Im unable to get to global command mode in this switch as i need to update the interface configuration on this switch.

Help/ ? does show me the below ouptput and couldnt go anywhere to configure the interface or update it.
telnet@DC401#
  appletalk-ping      Ping AppleTalk node
  exit                Exit Privileged mode
  ping                Ping IP node
  quit                Exit to User level
  show                Display system information
  telnet              Telnet by name or IP address
telnet@DC401#

telnet@DC401MLK1UA01#configure term
Invalid input -> configure term
Type ? for a list
telnet@DC401#

Kindly, hlep me experts the entire site has gone down and the engineer who has an idea on foundary is away on off for a week.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't have admin right to the foundary to see all the commands. You need to have admin rights to get the correct output when you issue ? and use config t.

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears the switch may be set to not authorize you to perform the full range of commands.

If you are logged into a Foundry switch at enable mode (# prompt as shown above) and no restrictions configured, you should be able to enter configuration mode with the "configure term" command you tried above.

Perhaps you could try the Web UI if that's enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card