Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Management Network

Hi,

I would like to create management network in my environment, currently we have 3750 and act as layer 2 for other vlans(DMZ,Internal), can i create new manemennt vlan that only act as layer 3 ( enable ip routing) or if i enable ip routing  will it affect all other vlan's also?

Please advise, if yes what would be the configuration we need to have in cisco 3750.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

gauravdhingra2009 wrote:

Hi,

I would like to create management network in my environment, currently we have 3750 and act as layer 2 for other vlans(DMZ,Internal), can i create new manemennt vlan that only act as layer 3 ( enable ip routing) or if i enable ip routing  will it affect all other vlan's also?

Please advise, if yes what would be the configuration we need to have in cisco 3750.

thanks

Gaurav

If you enable "ip routing" but don't have L3 vlan interfaces for your internal and DMZ vlans on the 3750 switch then they will continue to route off the firewall so you should be okay.

What is not clear is what are you managing ie. are there other switches in your network you want to put in the same management network ?

Jon

no, i will be using only servers besides these switches to b part of management vlan

gauravdhingra2009 wrote:

no, i will be using only servers besides these switches to b part of management vlan

Gaurav

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by management network ?

Do you mean management network for managing network devices or are you referring to a management network for the servers using ILOs etc ?

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card