cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Trunks - CAT6500

peter.mark
Level 1
Level 1

According to the CAT6xxx 8.x configuration guide, when creating a new trunk (set trunk) all vlans are added by default. Use the clear trunk command to prune any vlans you don't want on the trunk. The configuration example has the clear trunk command listed before the set trunk command which strikes me as illogical. How can you clear a trunk before you create a trunk?

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's the order CatOS list the commands after entering into the config. You can configure the trunk first and then clear it but if you issue a show run, you will see the clear goes before the set :)

__

Edison.

Is there a reason why the clear command would appear before the set command in the running config?

CatOS does many things with no logical reason. The more you spend time with it, the more you will understand what I mean :)

I believe it's done alphabetically.

__

Edison.

Thanks for your timely replies and insight. I don't think it will settle the debate here at work but at least we some clarification. Hope the question doesn't come up in an exam :)

I hope so too. Cheers

No worries, I don't believe CatOS is tested any longer on any Cisco Certification Exam :)

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: