Views
Helpful
Replies

Critical Voice Vlan on 2960S

randerson
Level 1
Level 1

IOS : c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3.bin

I've seen several threads and articles on this situation but have not yet come to a conclusion - I'm assuming the issue is due to an IOS incompatibility but according to Cisco documentation this is not the case.

I'm trying to get both the data and voice vlans on our 2960S stack to fail in an authorized state when the AAA server is not reachable. I am able to configure the data vlan as such using the following commands :

authentication event server dead action authorize <vlan_id>  <-- causes the data vlan device to become authorized on the ports native vlan or assigned vlan; vlan id is optional

authentication event server alive action reinitialize   <-- causes the data vlan device to reauthenticate once the AAA server comes up again

However, the voice authorization command is not available in this IOS, even though the Cisco admin guide has this command listed for this IOS. See the link below :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/sw8021x.html#wp1547387

Here is the command, btw :

authentication event server dead action authorize voice

What gives? Did they just forget to the include this feature??

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS and try again.

Mohsin Yasin
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to OS : c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE9.bin  it will definitely work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: