Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cross stack etherchannel

hello,

in one of the data center we have presently six 3750G swithches in a single stack. Now we want to make a different stack with another two 3750 G switches which will be connected as etherchannel with the present stack. I have read the configuration from the cisco site that it must be done in LACP mode. But I have two questions regarding this issue:

1) is it possible to use 10 GB SFP uplinks ports to configure as etherchannel for cross stack?

2) LACP supports until 8 gbps full duplex. So if 10 GB SFP supports then I will configure in this manner that from the 2nd stack one of the sfp port from switch 1 will go to 1st stack  switch 5 SFP port and another from 2nd stack switch 2 to 1st stack switch 6. So every SFP will support until 8 gb. But my questions whether

3750 G support cross stack?

advance thanks for any assist.

Saimun

1 REPLY

Re: Cross stack etherchannel

hello,

in one of the data center we have presently six 3750G swithches in a single stack. Now we want to make a different stack with another two 3750 G switches which will be connected as etherchannel with the present stack. I have read the configuration from the cisco site that it must be done in LACP mode. But I have two questions regarding this issue:

1) is it possible to use 10 GB SFP uplinks ports to configure as etherchannel for cross stack?

2) LACP supports until 8 gbps full duplex. So if 10 GB SFP supports then I will configure in this manner that from the 2nd stack one of the sfp port from switch 1 will go to 1st stack  switch 5 SFP port and another from 2nd stack switch 2 to 1st stack switch 6. So every SFP will support until 8 gb. But my questions whether

3750 G support cross stack?

advance thanks for any assist.

Saimun

Hi Saimun,

Catalyst 3750 Series supports both CrossStack Fast EtherChannel and Cross-Stack Uplink Fast,Check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5023/prod_qas09186a00801b0971.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content