cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCsx29696 - percentSUPQ-4-CPUHB_RECV_STARVE - receive queue stuck after throttling on 2960

tikok0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a problem with Cisco Catalyst 2960 with IOS ver 12.2 (35)SE5.

4 years ago we purchased 10 Cisco Catalyst 2960 with IOS ver 12.2 (35)SE5 and now operating them.

After 4 years of normal working one of Cisco Catalyst 2960 became bad. After switching 2 computers to any FastEthernet interfaces in the console I see:

%SUPQ-4-CPUHB_RECV_STARVE: Still seeing receive queue stuck after throttling

%SUPQ-4-CPUHB_SLOW_TRANSMIT: CPU Heartbeat Tx buffer not returned

I tried to upgrade the IOS on the following: IOS Release 12.2(53)SE1, IOS Release 12.2(55)SE, IOS Release 12.2(55)SE9  but where was NO EFFECT.

Please, tell me what shell I do to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Technical engineer, Tischenko Kirill.

1 Reply 1

Mohit Sahai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tischenko,

Trust you are doing great.

Have you tried configuring the workaround mentioned in the Bug CSCed03214

<b>Workaround:</b>
1) Configure the interface for full-duplex instead of half-duplex.
2) Find the interface that is receiving 1-byte frames and correct the wiring and/or 
problem on the connected device.  

<b>Additional Information:</b>
To find the interface that is receiving 1-byte frames, use the command <b>show platform
port-asic receive port-lockup</b>.

If an interface is configured for 10Mbps half-duplex, but shows non-zero and incrementing
<b>ifix</b> counters, reconfigure the interface and connected device for 10 Mbps 
full-duplex, or 100Mbps or 1000Mbps (any duplex).

If an interface is configured for 10Mbps full-duplex, 100Mbps or 1000Mbps (any duplex),
but shows non-zero and incrementing <b>ifix</b> counters, the connected interface 
or wiring is likely the cause of the 1-byte frames.

Regards,

Mohit 

** Please rate if the post is helpfull

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card