Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DC EXPERTS.P.S Ur Help

Hi NetPro

Now i have extended 3 Servers VLANs(120,121,122) from DC1 to DC2 over L2 trunk over dark fiber.i hust allowed these 3 VLAN s to cross the trunk along with "STP BPDUFILTER ENABLE" for stability in the both DCs

,when i issue the command "sh vlan br" on DC2 CORE-SWITCH ,i saw the 3 VLANs Listed outthere,the question is::do i need to assign any SVI s interface on CORE Switch at DC2 or just assign an L2 VLAN for each servers sitting  and this servers rely on HSRP VIP on the DC-1 and every things works perfectly

DC2-CORE

Server 1 (WEB) 1.1.120.10 assigned to L2 VLAN 120  its DG Pointed to the HSRP VIP  address at DC-1 (VIP=1.1.120.1)

Server 2 (EXC) 1.1.121.10 assigned to L2 VLAN 121  its DG Pointed to the HSRP VIP  address at DC-1 (VIP=1.1.121.1)

Thanks for ur precious time and Help

Ibrahim

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

DC EXPERTS.P.S Ur Help

Ibrahim,

You need to create an SVI for each vlan on your core switch or whichever device needs to do the routing between vlan 120, 121, and 122, if not these vlans will not be able to communicate with each other.  Can you provide a diagram of your network?  Also point out what devices are just layer-2 and what devices are layer-2 and 3.

HTH

DC EXPERTS.P.S Ur Help

If DC2 is a backup-site for DC1, then you definitly need SVIs on DC2: If DC1 goes down, you won't have the DC1's HSRP-VIP anymore and all the servers in DC2 are standing still as well...

DC EXPERTS.P.S Ur Help

Hi REAZA/Mulzkbern

the servers at DC2 Relying on the VLAN SVIs created on DC-1  to perform routing between these VLANs (120.121.122)

so servers at DC-2 they will be connected as L2 VLANs to CORE let say server 1 in vlan 121 while server 2 in vlan 122

pls advise

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content