Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug Cisco 3560 Switch

Forum members I have a question,  I am trying to run some simple debug commands on my switch to see if I have any dropped packets.

This is what i have done so far.

ip access list extended 150
pemit  tcp host 10.1.1.1 host 10.2.2.2 eq 443
pemit tcp host 10.2.2.2 eq 443 host  10.1.1.1

“debug ip packet det 150

I do know for a fact that there is traffic on those hosts, and the reason I am creating the ACL is so I do not have to kill the processor of my switch.

MY REAL issue is that even if I apply this debug command, I do not see any traffic, for that matter any debug command I apply I see no traffic nothing is shown on the switch.

Does anyone have an idea?

I would appreciate your help on this matter.

If anyone can suggest a better commands I am open to suggestions but my primary concern is to actual see some messages on the actual switch since I do not see anything as of now, and the ntwk is actual up and running.

I am mostly interested on dropped packets if any, thank you

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

antonios.skoulariotis wrote:

Forum members I have a question,  I am trying to run some simple debug commands on my switch to see if I have any dropped packets.

This is what i have done so far.

ip access list extended 150
pemit  tcp host 10.1.1.1 host 10.2.2.2 eq 443
pemit tcp host 10.2.2.2 eq 443 host  10.1.1.1

“debug ip packet det 150

I do know for a fact that there is traffic on those hosts, and the reason I am creating the ACL is so I do not have to kill the processor of my switch.

MY REAL issue is that even if I apply this debug command, I do not see any traffic, for that matter any debug command I apply I see no traffic nothing is shown on the switch.

Does anyone have an idea?

I would appreciate your help on this matter.

If anyone can suggest a better commands I am open to suggestions but my primary concern is to actual see some messages on the actual switch since I do not see anything as of now, and the ntwk is actual up and running.

I am mostly interested on dropped packets if any, thank you

On a hardware switch if you want to know if you are dropping packets you need to look at the interfaces themselves eg.

sh int gi0/0

debugging with an access-list won't work as the packets are hardware switched and never get to the main processor.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card