Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Default IP on Express Setup

I just received three WS-C2960S-24TS-Land three WS-C3560E-48TD-S switches that i entered the Express Setup on as usual.  On two of each type of switch i found the default network that is used to facilitate the Express Setup was 10.0.1.1 and the others used an IP range of 10.0.2.1, i realized this is a small negligible at best difference though i need to provide management with an answer as to why there is a difference between the two and can’t find anything online as to why there is a difference or something that proves there should be a difference.  All the documentation I find sounding Express Setup notes that the IP range will be 10.0.1.1 not 10.0.2.1

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

That shouldn't big concern , as you will most likely change these IPs to match whatever your inband or out of band management network you already have in place.

I completely agree that it shouldn't be a big concern, though my management won’t take that as an answer, because well… who knows.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

When somene doesn't take a reasonable answer, remind them that the alternative is no answer at all.

Views
Helpful
Replies