Views
Helpful
Replies

designing wireless infrastructure 10x 2602E APs with 1 controller 2504

Neetu Bhushan
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i'm designing one SSID for my manufacturing company with 10x2600 AP and 1x2504 controller.  since my previous APs are symbol/motorola and no controller and used only one SSID, i'd like to do the same.  is one SSID possible on these cisco wireless technolog?  if yes, how can i configure on the controller?

thanks for any comment you may add.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

by the way, can i put the antenna away from the AP so that it can cover more space?

You are limited by the 12-inch cable.  The longer cable you put between the antenna and the AP, the higher the signal loss.  So the answer to your question is this:  Technically?  Not a good idea. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do the same thing.  The only thing to factor in are the data rates, the signal strengths and the channel assignments. 

Signal Strengths and Channel Assignments, in my opinon, should be enabled default and leave it there.

Data rates will depend on how the scanners' behaviour.  Most of the time 802.11b data rates are left on enable. 

I believe the SSID should be PSK.  Disable "Aeronet IE".

Wait ... Your AP has no antenna.  What antenna are you planning to use?  How high are the APs?  Will you be installing the APs in the same location (and height) and orientation as the old one?

here's the

Cisco Aironet 2602e Controller-based - wireless access point

and

Cisco 2504 Wireless Controller - network management device

Maybe 120-150 feet since manufacturing use storage up that high and so the plant all high.  As much as possible I want to eliminate interference between each other, so i'm confused with the channeling in the middle, or AP that wil have other AP surrounding it.

Cisco Aironet 2602e Controller-based - wireless access point

The link you've posted only tells me the 2600E without an antenna.  What I'm interested to know is what antenna you will be using.

Maybe 120-150 feet since manufacturing use storage up that high and so the plant all high.  As much as possible I want to eliminate interference between each other, so i'm confused with the channeling in the middle, or AP that wil have other AP surrounding it. 

Scott and Steve has done a lot of warehouse deployment and the major factor to consider is the area and height of forklifts.  Where the forklifts (when their forks are extended) are not possible of going, they recommend dropping a cable or a metal conduit pipe and installing the AP there.  If you don't have this luxury, you can always mount the AP against the frame of the racks. 

If you are going to mount the AP against the frame of the rack, put the AP halfway up the entire height of the rack.

The next question is the distance.  This will depend on what data rates you'll be using and what clients. 

there are only two options for 2600 series antenna, i guess i will use the cheaper one,

AIR-ANT2524V4C-R. by the way, can i put the antenna away from the AP so that it can cover more space?

by the way, can i put the antenna away from the AP so that it can cover more space?

You are limited by the 12-inch cable.  The longer cable you put between the antenna and the AP, the higher the signal loss.  So the answer to your question is this:  Technically?  Not a good idea. 

CSCDemo User
Level 1
Level 1

test reply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card