Views
Helpful
Replies

DFC card with sup720

shah.chintan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I'm having sup720 with 67xx series 720 line card with 6509 chassis.

I plan to use DFC card to enhance the performance of system for each of line card. I'm not sure what is impact on following with this:

1. Do I need to change anything in running config ?

2. Any specific configuration required for DFC card ?

3. Currently my NMS (non cisco)is supporting different traps/alarms for line card removal and port up/down etc. What is impact on this ?

4. Does any NEW MIB is supported specific for DFC card ?

5. Any other impact, which i need look.

I would appricieate the if some one can respond to my above query...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chintan

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Chintan,

It is good to understand different flavors of Distributed feature cards and compatibility to sup engine types. You will see hardware and software requirements on DFC and sup720s on this link.

Refer to this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_module_installation_guide09186a0080163594.html#wp59534

hope this helps

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks for link jorge.

Howerver if i go with compatible DFC card let say DFC3-BXL with sup720-3BXL then, could you clarify my below doubt :

1. Do I need to change anything in running config ?

2. Any specific configuration required for DFC card ?

3. Currently my NMS (non cisco)is supporting different traps/alarms for line card removal and port up/down etc. What is impact on this ?

4. Does any NEW MIB is supported specific for DFC card ?

5. Any other impact, which i need look.

Thanks,

Chintan

Can any body please let me know if i got with DFC card with line card for higher performance Do i need to have any extra config ? and any impact on O&M/specific MIB for DFC card ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chintan

Hi Chintan,

One thing I can confirm that you do not need any special configuration as it is just an additional hardware which improves the performance but only thing is you may need to select or upgrade to the release which does support that DFC card.

About the second question for MIB changes I am not very sure and I believe if you post the MIB related question under "Network Management" section some expert may confirm you the same.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for comfirmation about configuraiton.

Regarding MIB, I will post on "Network managmetn" section.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Chintan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card