Views
Helpful
Replies

Dhcp host pool configuration

komuja1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm wondering that is it possible that i create a dhcp host pool Cisco router and this host pool is valid only for specific vendor mac range?

I have a situation that there is several PC's and I have local pool which is only for specific vendor mac and all other vendor's DHCP Discover packet's I relay to different DHCP server?

Here is the config:

ip dhcp pool test

host 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0

hardware-address 0016.caff.ffff #I tried to match only mac-address which start from 0016.ca#

default-router 10.10.10.1

lease 0 1

!

int vlan 1

ip add 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 20.20.20.20

Packet's are coming from same Vlan.

Br

J

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jarmo,

you would need to be able to use an ACL the line hardware-address 0016.caff.ffff looks for that specific mac address not a range.

I've searched IP addressing services command reference to see if there is an option to invoke a MAC ACL

Also I'm not sure that for non matching clients the ip helper-address option is used.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe,

thanks for your reply.

I will try to use ACL with pool or then I configure the network so that I have dhcp pools where I check inside the dhcp discover packet (host-id field) and the pools make decision base on this "host" field..hope it works :)

Br

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: