I'm having trouble with my Cisco 2621XM router on DHCP with TDS Telecom. It will absolutely not obtain an IP address from TDS Telecom. I have what TDS calls "fiber" service. It is not an actual fiber line, but runs from the pole into my house and is split off into rooms. I do have several non-cisco routers and none of them have any issues connecting DHCP.
The router does not have a problem obtaining an IP address from a non-cisco router, I've tested that and it obtains an IP address within seconds.
What I have done
1) I've used a crossover cable (just in case) from the TDS Line to the Cisco 2621XM
2) I've tried using static IP address, TDS does lease out the same IP for some time and I was just testing to see if that would work, it did not.
3) Updating IOS to (C2600-IPBASE9-M) Version 12.4(17)
4) Spoofed mac address to device that I know works on TDS.
5) Erased my config and started fresh just in case.
Like I said, I've connected multiple routers (non cisco) and all obtain an IP address, even my laptop obtained an IP address.
I'm at a loss here and cannot think of anything else it could be and any assistance would be appreciated! Below is my running-config
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...