Helpful
Replies

DHCP next-server on CISCO2960 LanBase issue [Bis]

xavier.le-goff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CISCO 2960, LANBase last IOS revision:

Model                                       SW Version                                    SW Image
 -----                                                 ----------                                         ----------
WS-C2960+24TC-L                15.0(2)SE5                           C2960-LANBASEK9-M

I am configuring DHCP Server Feature with PortBase allocation. Also I have a DHCP client that needs to boot an another tftp server so I have configured the "next-server" command with the IP of that tftp server.

I have capture the DHCP/BOOTP frame with wireshark and I can see that on the boot reply frame the Next Server IP address is the Switch IP address instead of the IP configured with the "next-server" command

As anyone have an explanation about this ?

As anyone have an explanation about this ?

Thanks in advance for your support and feedback on the issue.

Best Regards,

XLG.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts.  cheeky

Go here:  http://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12164816/dhcp-next-server-cisco2960-lanbase-issue

Yes I know,  I had a problem to send this post, I wasn't able to see it on the web site last week....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card