Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP Option Question - Host Default Route Metric...

Hi all,

I am utilizing a Cisco ASA 5505 as my DHCP server on my network. My host PC's are obtaining their IP addresses and relavant routing information from the ASA. I have one PC that I am using for virtualization and it is currently configured with multiple default gateways. The problem I have is that all of the default gateways (including the one that Windows installs via the DHCP information obtained by the ASA) have a metric of 20 and the PC doesn't know to utilize the ASA for the default gateway.

I could easliy solve this problem by inserting a persistant default route on the PC to the ASA with a lower metric but I would rather utilize an automatic solution. Is there a DHCP option or a another configurable parameter on the ASA that will tell the PC's to install a default gateway with a specific metric.

BTW: When I was using a Cisco router as the DHCP server, the PC was installing the default gateway with a metic of 10.

1 REPLY

Re: DHCP Option Question - Host Default Route Metric...

Anyone?

Views
Helpful
Replies