Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP PXE IP Lease

One of my sites with a 2811router and IOS 12.3(8)T10 is configured for DHCP service leasing addresses for 30 days.  When my Wyse thin client boots it requests a IP address for PXE and then for the OS.  The PXE address should only lease for 5 minutes and  the OS IP address lease for 30 days.  However the PXE IP address is leasing for the 30 days as well.  The result is I run out of addresses because each thin client holds two IP addresses.

I can take the same thin client to another location with a 2801 IOS 12.3(14)T4 and the PXE address with release in 5 minutes.

After two weeks I am clueless. Anyone have any ideas?

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: DHCP PXE IP Lease

Tom,

If the configs on both routers are exactly the same, the only thing that I can think of is a bug in the IOS that is not releasing the IP after 5 minutes.

I looked at the release notes and did fine any thing referencing it. I suggest upgrading it to the code that is working and see what happens.

HTH

Reza

DHCP PXE IP Lease

Hello Tim, I'm a newby in this things and I think that you could help me...I have Wyse terminals also (like you) and my router Cisco 2800(here is running my DHCP) can't assign to my PXe terminal a valid IP address...so I would like to know the necessary steps to change the settings to my DHCP in order to provide, as well, a valid IP address in my network segment.

Thanks in advance & Best Regards from Chile.

Leonardo.

Views
Helpful
Replies