Views
Helpful
Replies

dhcp snooping without effect in catalyst 2960-PST-S

ennajibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new catalyst 2960,and i want to enable DHCP SNOOPING,but,it doesn't work,the server is stilling offert addresses IP and it's not connected  in a trusted port,the schema is very simple:

1 switch catalyst 2960 PST-S,1 server dhcp and 1 pc client,the PC and the server are in VLAN 10,DHCP SNOOPING is enabled in all ports and no port is trusted,but the client get addresse IP after retyping ipconfig /release  and ipconfig /renew in dos commande.the configuration and the version of the switch are in the file attached.

I tested the same configuration in a catalyst C3560-24PS and DHCP SNOOPING work normally,i tested in other catalyst 2960-PST-S,but the same probléme:DHCP SNOOPING without effect,the commands typed is:

ip dhcp snnoping

ip dhcp snooping vlan 10

thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brahim,

From the link below , I understand that DHCP snooping is available for lan lite starting 12.2(55)SE, even though on the feature navigator I did not see the feature on any lan lite image

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps6969/ps5012/product_bulletin_c25-614546_ps6406_Products_Bulletin.html

DHCP Snooping (including option 82) support in LAN Lite (2960 and 2960-S only): Support for the DHCP Snooping feature, previously available only in the LAN Base feature set (or better), is now available in LAN Lite as well.

Dan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Brahim,

From the link below , I understand that DHCP snooping is available for lan lite starting 12.2(55)SE, even though on the feature navigator I did not see the feature on any lan lite image

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps6969/ps5012/product_bulletin_c25-614546_ps6406_Products_Bulletin.html

DHCP Snooping (including option 82) support in LAN Lite (2960 and 2960-S only): Support for the DHCP Snooping feature, previously available only in the LAN Base feature set (or better), is now available in LAN Lite as well.

Dan

Thank You,i'm going to upgrade my IOS from 12.2(50)SE5 to 12.2.58-SE2 (latest IOS),and a test if that's ok.

thank you sir.

bennaji

Bennaji,

I am very curios to know the result. From feature list of the images it seams that only lan base has this option, although from the link that I provided, starting with the version 55SE is also supported on lan lite. Sadly I do not have a 2960 for testing purpose.

Dan

Dan,

The test is OK,now and after upgrading the IOS to 12.2.58-SE2 of the new catalyst 2960,DHCP SNOOPING work good,now i have to upgrade twoo older catalyst 2960 to confirme that dhcp snooping is ok,but now the first result is OK :-) .

thank you Dan for your help.

Hi Bennaji,

Good to hear that.

Thanks for the update

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card