Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

dialler remote name

Hi all, when I create a dialler interface for isdn, why do I need to put in the remote name, if its for authentivcation, I have already specified this in the ppp chap hostname command ?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: dialler remote name

Hi Carl ,

For the incoming calls with Dialer

profile,when a call is coming in, it will get authenticated and a name will be used to bind to a proper dialer profile interface with "dialer remote-name" command.The name specified must exactly match the username provided by the remote router for authentication.

Only one remote name can be associated with a dialer interface at a time. You may change the name associated with the dialer interface by reissuing the dialer remote-name command. Issuing the no dialer remote-name command removes the remote name configuration.

When using Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) or Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) authentication, user-name is the name of the remote device that is authenticating.

hope this helps you.

Thanks,

satish

Views
Helpful
Replies