Views
Helpful
Replies

difference between 6500 SXJ and SXI

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Forumers'

i would like to check out what's the difference between the naming convnetion for the 6500 IOS.

I read the data sheet to support my POC deployment to support NCS v.1 the 6500 IOS need to upgrade to 12.2 (33) SXI

Is it able to work if i using SXJ instead of SXI, with the same IOS version 12.2 (33)?

thanks

Noel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I read the data sheet to support my POC deployment to support NCS v.1 the 6500 IOS need to upgrade to 12.2 (33) SXI

I would like to warn you that the LAN monitoring feature of NCS Prime is known to be very, very crude.  The current release is leaning towards wireless features.

Comparing to CiscoWorks vs NCS v1.0, NCS is lightyears away.  But don't be alarm.  Cisco will be releasing software upgrades to NCS by March 2012.  I don't know what modules the software will address.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Noel,

The first version SXI is over 2 years old.  SXJ support all the features in the SXI series and some more.  The best way to find the exact differences is by using the Cisco feature navigator by comparing the two images.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would like to warn you that the LAN monitoring feature of NCS Prime is known to be very, very crude.  The current release is leaning towards wireless features.

Comparing to CiscoWorks vs NCS v1.0, NCS is lightyears away.  But don't be alarm.  Cisco will be releasing software upgrades to NCS by March 2012.  I don't know what modules the software will address.

Hi leo

seems like you quite familiar with what NCS doing !!!!

Thanks for the information, alert on it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card