Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between slavedisk0 and slavesuo-bootdisk

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

hI,

Switch 6509 which is IOS  based has has sup 32 what is difference between commands

dir slavedisk0   and   dir  :  slaveboot-flash  and   slavesup-bootdisk: )

if someone can explain me this please?

many thanks

mahesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have dual SUP in your chassis and I will assume you know what is the different between SP (switch processor) and RP (route processor).SP is a.k.a. SUP, where RP is a.k.a. MSFC.

On the active SUP:

disk0: - the CF card slot in the SUP

bootflash: - flash memory on the RP

sup-bootdisk: or sup-bootflash: (depend on the version) - flash memory on the SP

For Standby SUP, add the slave keyword in front of the above memory space. Like slavedisk0: is the CF card slot on the standby SUP.

HTH,

jerry

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have dual SUP in your chassis and I will assume you know what is the different between SP (switch processor) and RP (route processor).SP is a.k.a. SUP, where RP is a.k.a. MSFC.

On the active SUP:

disk0: - the CF card slot in the SUP

bootflash: - flash memory on the RP

sup-bootdisk: or sup-bootflash: (depend on the version) - flash memory on the SP

For Standby SUP, add the slave keyword in front of the above memory space. Like slavedisk0: is the CF card slot on the standby SUP.

HTH,

jerry

Hi jeye,

Many thanks  for the excellent reply.

mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card