Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

difference between TOS,TNS and TOT,TNT

SW1#show dtp interface f0/24

i m confused between the TOS and TNS

TOT and TNT

i am not able to differentiate between these terms

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Pankaj,

TOS: Trunk Operating Status (what mode the port operates in; can be access or trunk)

TAS: Trunk Administrative Status (what mode the port is configured in; can be on, off, desirable or auto)

TNS: Trunk Negotiation Status (what mode DTP negotiated; can be access or trunk)

TOT: Trunk Operating Type (what encapsulation the port currently operates in; can be native, ISL or DOT1Q)

TAT: Trunk Administrative Type (what encapsulation the port is configured for; can be negotiated, native, ISL or DOT1Q)

TNT: Trunk Negotiation Type (what encapsulation DTP negotiated; can be native, ISL or DOT1Q)

Thanks go to Aninda Chatterjee from Cisco for initially providing most of this information to me.

Best regards,

Peter

2 REPLIES

DTP information for Ethernet0/0:

TOS/TAS/TNS:                              TRUNK/DESIRABLE/TRUNK

TOT/TAT/TNT:                              ISL/NEGOTIATE/ISL

suppose this is the output

Cisco Employee

Hi Pankaj,

TOS: Trunk Operating Status (what mode the port operates in; can be access or trunk)

TAS: Trunk Administrative Status (what mode the port is configured in; can be on, off, desirable or auto)

TNS: Trunk Negotiation Status (what mode DTP negotiated; can be access or trunk)

TOT: Trunk Operating Type (what encapsulation the port currently operates in; can be native, ISL or DOT1Q)

TAT: Trunk Administrative Type (what encapsulation the port is configured for; can be negotiated, native, ISL or DOT1Q)

TNT: Trunk Negotiation Type (what encapsulation DTP negotiated; can be native, ISL or DOT1Q)

Thanks go to Aninda Chatterjee from Cisco for initially providing most of this information to me.

Best regards,

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content