Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference of IOS Types

alexanderbauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello togther

I'm searching for a overview about the difference IOS Description for Catalyst Switches:

Ipbase Wo/crypto

Ipbase Wo/crypto with Web based Dev Mgr

IP Base

Ipbase Wo/crypto with Express Setup

Our Platform is Cat 3560 G PS-S, 2960

9 Replies 9

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello togther

I'm searching for a overview about the difference IOS Description for Catalyst Switches:

Ipbase Wo/crypto

Ipbase Wo/crypto with Web based Dev Mgr

IP Base

Ipbase Wo/crypto with Express Setup

Our Platform is Cat 3560 G PS-S, 2960

Hi,

LAN base is subset of IP Base, and IP Base is subset of Enterprise. LAN base is L2 only; IP Base supports basic L3 function; enterprise supports all L3 functions and the  IP Base feature set includes advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), and basic static and Routing Information Protocol (RIP) functions. Dynamic IP routing protocols (Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), BGPv4, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)) are available only on the IP services image.

W/O stands for without,  another way to make sure is that the file's name will have "k9" in it (mostlikely ipbasek9). That k9 will tell you for sure that it is crypto.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

alexanderbauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

About this Feature it was clear for me but let me show you the follwing Part we implement on one Switch (all are Cat3560 with Layer2 Funktion)

the following flash:/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-53.SE2/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-53.SE2.bin"  this is the IP Base W/O Crypto with Web Based Dev MGR.

After a Reboot we can not integrat them anymore in the CisCo Network Assistant Uplinks are avaible.

Spantree is Ok everthing is working fine, later one we make the Update with IP Base c3560-ipbase9.mz122-53Se2.bin not works fine.

netlynkerx
Level 1
Level 1

I am very new to this community. I want to ask a question about different license type of IOS.

Now my boss buy a 3750X switch that is running ipbase IOS. A need come up to configure PBR on it. Some says that I can't use PBR on IPbase license. Now I have two questions as follow

1. Does the switch need to run ipservice IOS to use PBR?
  2. If I need to use Ipservices for PBR, how to make my switch run ipservice?
  3. Do i need to buy seperate upgrade license?
  4. If yes, how much will it cost approx?

You can add anything that you think I need to know.

Regards,

ankugarg
Level 3
Level 3

Lanbase can run limited routing..It has support for 16 static routes.

To run PBR we need to use ipservices license..Please work with your account manager to know the cost..Once they give you license file,oyu just need to run license install command.

So I don't need to change or buy new hardware. Am I correct?

Pardon me for being naive.

Absolutely...No need to change or buy hardware..If you are using universal image,then it is not even required to change the image....If you are running ipbase IOS,then you need to change the image to "ipservices" or alternatively change the image to universal,and install the ipservice license.

Mine is as follow

Cisco IOS Software, C3750E Software (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.2(53)SE2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Universal?

Yes,Universal...You need to get the ipservice license,and use the license install command after putting the license file in tftp or flash or any other below option.

3-mem-stack#license install ?

flash1:  Install from flash1: file system

flash2:  Install from flash2: file system

flash3:  Install from flash3: file system

flash:   Install from flash: file system

ftp:     Install from ftp: file system

http:    Install from http: file system

https:   Install from https: file system

null:    Install from null: file system

nvram:   Install from nvram: file system

rcp:     Install from rcp: file system

scp:     Install from scp: file system

syslog:  Install from syslog: file system

system:  Install from system: file system

tftp:    Install from tftp: file system

tmpsys:  Install from tmpsys: file system

Thank you so much for your patient replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco