Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Do I need to change the config if using different GBIC

We have one Cisco switch with 1000base-LX GBIC connecting to 3500 switch. Since the switch 3500 is located in a room without air condition and heating, we will replace it with 2955s that comes with 100 GBIC. By my understanding, we need to buy CIS-GLC-FE-100LX to replace the 1000base-LX GBIC for 3750 switch.

The below is the configuration for 1000base-LX GBIC. Do I need to make change on this configuration if I replace 1000base-LX GBIC with CIS-GLC-FE-100LX?

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/27

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

no ip address

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
bjw Silver
Silver

Re: Do I need to change the config if using different GBIC

No

Silver

The config under the interface doesn't have to change but you'll probably lose the configuration because the interface will no longer be Ge1/0/27 but something else like fe1/0/27.

Cisco Employee

No, You dont have to reset the switch. Just change the interface number and have rest of the commands under it. you should be fine.make sure you save the changes "wr mem".

-amit singh

5 REPLIES
bjw Silver
Silver

No

Thank you.

Silver

The config under the interface doesn't have to change but you'll probably lose the configuration because the interface will no longer be Ge1/0/27 but something else like fe1/0/27.

Yes, because it is GBIC. Do I need to reset the swicth?

Cisco Employee

No, You dont have to reset the switch. Just change the interface number and have rest of the commands under it. you should be fine.make sure you save the changes "wr mem".

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies