Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Does HSRP of SVI vlan interface work with ip helper-address redundancy command ?

Help !! I need to resolve a problem with a HSRP created with SVI vlan interface on 3750 switches, I need to apply the "ip helper-address redundancy" command to just make sure only the active router processes the forwording traffic . Currently my 370 switches are running 12.2(44)SE6 code, which doesn't support  "ip helper-address redundancy"command, does somebody know if there is a code version which suppot this command, or this command is not supported on L3 switches ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Does HSRP of SVI vlan interface work with ip helper-address

There is no redundency command in 3750 running 12.2(53)

see below:

Switch-1(config-if)#ip helper-address ?
  A.B.C.D  IP destination address
  global   Helper-address is global
  vrf      VRF name for helper-address (if different from interface VRF)

Switch-1(config-if)#ip helper-address

HTH

Reza

Cisco Employee

Re: Does HSRP of SVI vlan interface work with ip helper-address

Hi Reza,

You are correct. I was looking in the Command Reference for 12.2(55)SE IOS for Cat3750, and I did not even find the ip helper-address command In the Command Reference for the full IOS, it is stated that the redundancy keyword was added some time during the 12.2T development. It unfortunately seems that the redundancy keyword is so far unsupported on these switches - how sad as they are the most probable places of running the HSRP and DHCP Relay at the same time in today's networks.

Is there perhaps any Cisco insider to tell us whether the redundancy support for Catalyst IOSes is on the roadmap?

Best regards,

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content