Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NM-1FE-TX works with 2610XM

The documents only mentions that the card is supported by Cisco 3600 series.

However, some webpages from ebay claim that this module is compatible with 2600 and 3600.

Can some one clarify this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does NM-1FE-TX works with 2610XM

Joe, I remember, greetings..and please take my appologies, doing a deeper search NM-1FE-TX is not supported 2600 based on Software advisory, however I can say I do have NM-1FE-TX working on a cisco-2620 for lab purposes, but should add if I were to have issues in real world using this I guess Cisco would not be obligated to resolve it given NM-1FE-TX is not meant to be for 2600 series.

Sure , email me I will be more than happy to help you..

Also, if you have 1-FE port right and a wall jack giving you 100 MB uplink connection where would that uplink be connecting to? I think you should be good with just 1 FE port and your switch.. bu please do email me if you want to and we'll take it from there.. just let me know when you sent the email as I check evey other day.

Rgds

Jorge

4 REPLIES

Joe,

Based on this documentation from Cisco it is supported, refer to Table 2 and Table 3 at the bottom of link, as long you have minimun IOS 11.2(6) or later you should be good.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b89.html

Pls rate any helpful posts!

HTH

Jorge

hey, Jorge,

Nice to talk to you again!! You gave me much help a few days ago. I met some problems and were looking for your help, but I hesitated in contacting you by your email, may I do that in the furture?

In Table2, first line, it says NM-1FE-TX is N/A with 2600 and 2600XM. Then I don't understand why you said "it is supported"? Am I mis-understanding something? The IOS version is not a problem on my hardware.

Previously, I made a stupid mistake--bought the wrong card WIC-1B-U. That card is for ISDN circuit. I remember you warned me about this, but I just had no concept on it, shame on me!!

I would like to describe more on my situation and would you please give me more help on it? I found your help are always accurate , detailed and helpful.

I worked in an university. I'm trying to set up a subnetwork using following equipment:

A CISCO 2610XM router with 1-FE port

A 2950 Switch with 24 ports

A Fedora machine with Squide installed on it

And several computers/notebooks

I need to use these equipments to setup the subnetwork and connect to the campus network through a wall jack(with fixed IP address). I think the outside connection should be 100Mbps fastethernet connection.

Would you please give me more suggestion on the network? Is the NM-1FE-TX the correct choice for setting up the subnetwork?

The diagram in my mind is:

Campus network (the wall jack)

|

|

NM-1FE-TX

|

Cisco 2610XM

|

the original FE port

|

|

2950 Switch

|

|

PCs and the Squid

Thanks and happy holiday.

Joe

Joe, I remember, greetings..and please take my appologies, doing a deeper search NM-1FE-TX is not supported 2600 based on Software advisory, however I can say I do have NM-1FE-TX working on a cisco-2620 for lab purposes, but should add if I were to have issues in real world using this I guess Cisco would not be obligated to resolve it given NM-1FE-TX is not meant to be for 2600 series.

Sure , email me I will be more than happy to help you..

Also, if you have 1-FE port right and a wall jack giving you 100 MB uplink connection where would that uplink be connecting to? I think you should be good with just 1 FE port and your switch.. bu please do email me if you want to and we'll take it from there.. just let me know when you sent the email as I check evey other day.

Rgds

Jorge

Thanks a lot, Jorge.

I send you an email with title: "Greeting from Joe -- Cisco forum"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content