cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

don't permit entry duplex full command in a gigabitethernet interface

harold.morales
Level 1
Level 1

I have in the network switches 2960 and 3560, but don't can type in CLI the duplex full, speed command.

the IOS in the switches is 12.2(35)SE5

thanks.

SW_NEIV_01(config)#inter gigabitEthernet 0/2

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#du

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#duplex?

% Unrecognized command

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#duplex full

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#speed

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

SW_NEIV_01(config-if)#

21 Replies 21

now our find the solution; the ports sfp are empty, we must connect gbic adapter, therefore, don't permit change trasmition mode (duplex or speed),we have connect utp ports so dont can entry the duplex and speed command.

harold.morales, did you really mean that my suggestions/comments were not helpful?

Mohamad

I suspect there may be a mistake as the question was marked as resolving the issue. I have rated to try and compensate.

Jon

Oh, I see. A rating of 1 means that the comment was "not helpful."

SandeepDhuri
Level 1
Level 1

Check by changing the media type. then try changing the speed / duplex

interface Gigabit0/0
 media-type rj45

This worked for me, we have glc-fe-100lx-rgd SFP, accepted the command "duplex full", after specifying the media.

Alacer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was running into this problem with a Cisco 2690 switch. It wouldn't recognize the speed or duplex commands in the gigabitethernet interface.

Turns out it was due to not having a cable connected to the interface, so it required me to manually specify the media-type.

Once I entered the line "media-type rj45" it accepted the commands "speed 1000" and "duplex full".

Maybe this'll help someone.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card