Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dot1x with Nortel VoIP

I've configured dot1x with using MS IAS as radius server. All seems to work fine when i connect a pc to a port configured for dot1x. But i face problem when my Nortel VoIP phones are involved.

Below are the list of problems with nortel ip phones connnected on a dot1x port:

All ports are configured for dot1x multi-host mode

1) whenver i enable a port for dot1x the phone goes down until i get authenticated from the laptop by putting the credentials

2)sometimes users into network without and get an IP address without putting the credentails. This only happens if i enable dot1x multi-host enable

is there a way that i can enable port without dot1x multi-host mode and get phones work with only dot1x port control auto command

Regards,

AI

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Dot1x with Nortel VoIP

To disable multiple hosts on the port, use the no dot1x host-mode multi-host interface configuration command.Refer URL for more

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6748/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805fe08d.html#wp1195426

Views
Helpful
Replies