cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dot1x with Nortel VoIP

bws
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured dot1x with using MS IAS as radius server. All seems to work fine when i connect a pc to a port configured for dot1x. But i face problem when my Nortel VoIP phones are involved.

Below are the list of problems with nortel ip phones connnected on a dot1x port:

All ports are configured for dot1x multi-host mode

1) whenver i enable a port for dot1x the phone goes down until i get authenticated from the laptop by putting the credentials

2)sometimes users into network without and get an IP address without putting the credentails. This only happens if i enable dot1x multi-host enable

is there a way that i can enable port without dot1x multi-host mode and get phones work with only dot1x port control auto command

Regards,

AI

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

To disable multiple hosts on the port, use the no dot1x host-mode multi-host interface configuration command.Refer URL for more

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6748/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805fe08d.html#wp1195426

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: