cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

drawbacks whith NTP protocol

harold.morales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have set up configured NTP in my LAN network, in the clien switches I have the following commands:

ntp logging

ntp clock-period 36028792

ntp peer 10.213.20.4

now This synchronized and the peer is well associated, the clock configured,but when digit "show logging" the outcome don't show the time correctly.

this is the show:

2d17h: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/30, changed state to up

2d17h: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/30, changed state to up

like that when I type "show logging" show correct time:

Jul 21 11:21:44.770 COL: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/30, changed state to up

Jul 21 11:21:45.776 COL: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/30, changed state to up

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From what I understand the first "show logging" output is what you see from your switches, but you want to see it like the second output you provided.

Try adding this into your configuration.

!

service timestamps log datetime localtime

service timestamps debug datetime localtime

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From what I understand the first "show logging" output is what you see from your switches, but you want to see it like the second output you provided.

Try adding this into your configuration.

!

service timestamps log datetime localtime

service timestamps debug datetime localtime

Thanks Medan, was exactly what I needed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card