cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DS1 MAJ LOF on channel

brkll1979
Level 1
Level 1

Just a question, i have a circuit that uses the cisco 15454 mux, when looking w/ tl1 commands i see:

"FAC-13-10,T1:MJ,LOS,SA,,,,:\"LOSS OF SIGNAL\",DS1"

"FAC-13-13,T1:MJ,LOF,SA,,,,:\"LOSS OF FRAME\",DS1"

"FAC-13-14,T1:MJ,LOF,SA,,,,:\"LOSS OF FRAME\",DS1"

but when i loop the card the lof goes away and when drop the loop the trbl comes back. trbl orignally was errors on the circuit...when pulled pms on it I was seeing line errors indicating that it was either the card/wiring/slot...but I am only seeing the line errors on this particular channel of the card. my main question is is there a software glitch of why there is a ds1 maj lof alarm on this channel? apparently the problem existed still when the circuit was orignally turned up in July 06

Thanks

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

When DS1-14 cards are used and ports are provisioned for B8ZS/ESF, random DS1-14 ports raise LOF and Tx-AIS, though terminating equipment is configured and connected properly. DS1 traffic goes down and terminating equipment raises

AIS. Setting the DS1-14 ports on the ONS 15454 to unframed should avoid this issue. Connected DS1 equipment can remain provisioned for B8ZS/ESF. This issue is resolved in Release 5.0.2.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card