Views
Helpful
Replies

DSL issue - ATM interface initializing

gautamzone
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

There is a DSL issue. The platform is 1841 with IOS 12.4 and the external interface is ATM. The ATM interface is always in initializing and down state.

I changed first to encap aal5mux from pppoe-client dialer pool-member but it still was showing the same status.

Then as reported by other forum users who resolved by setting dsl operating-mode ansi-dmt or itu-dmt, i tried it too but to no avail.

This issue happened suddenly. I tried another RJ-11 cable but it still was initializing and down. Telco says that everything is fine from his end and to check our router.

I am attaching the show run, show dsl interface, show diag, show ver and show interface commands.

Physically, i noticed that the CD LED on the card keeps blinking iresspective of me plugging or not plugging the RJ 11 cable. The card being used is HWIC ADSL card.

Tomorrow, the client will try using a DSL modem to check whether he is getting the link or no from telco. If he gets, then it goes to say that there is some router hardware issue or config issue.

Hoping that someone has a clue to the issue that i am facing.

Thanks a lot!!

Gautam

1 Reply 1

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The DSL wide area network (WAN) interface cards (WICs) support one DSL line between a single customer premises equipment (CPE) subscriber and a central office.

Asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) WICs are available in three variations:

"ADSL over POTS (WIC-1ADSL)

"ADSL over POTS with Dying Gasp support (WIC-1ADSL-DG)

"ADSL over ISDN with Dying Gasp support (WIC-1ADSL-I-DG)

The ADSL over POTS interface card is commonly used to provide ADSL services over ordinary telephone lines. The ADSL-over-ISDN interface card is used to provide ADSL services in those areas of the world that have extensive ISDN backbones already in place.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2641/products_module_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007cb65.html#wp1040527

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card