Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

i have this senario as Shown in to the Pic

i have to power of one Of the Switches so the Servers(using NIC Teaming Feature Indepndent Switch) can be Reachable otherwise when the 2 switches is on i lost Connection

configuration on both Switches is the Same Mirror

so can any body advice me

Everyone's tags (3)
7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

Can't be done. 

The switches must form a logical stack.  Like a 2960S or a 3750, 3850 or 3650.

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

can you explain why what exaltly preventing on current switchs

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

Ok, look at this from this point of view ...

If you have two 2960S/X, 3750, 3650 or 3850 and they form a single switch, then you can easily form an etherchannel even though the NICs are going to two physical switch. 

How can you form an etherchannel from two plain-2960 switch to a single server?  You can't.

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

ok

if i need to look to this in deep which Refersnce i can use like CCNP -SWITCH Book or somewhere else can you specify it to me Please

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

Check out this document:  Configuring EtherChannels and look at Figure 37-3.

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

thank you very much

also i noted that there is no mac - address come from the 2nd switch to the first FW becuase i though that the 2nd link whiches go to the 2nd switch is active , it was and still stand by the the default behavior of thr redundant interface on the FW

but i think to fix that work with 2960S Stack with ethernetchannel on the firewall what do you thing

BR

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

but i think to fix that work with 2960S Stack with ethernetchannel on the firewall what do you thing

That's correct.  The NIC ports need to go to a single LOGICAL switch.  If you stack, say, two or more of their 3750, 3650, 3850, 2960S/X, then what you are doing is creating a single LOGICAL switch.  This will enable etherchannel across multiple PHYSICAL switch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content