cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dumb Question #234512

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

When I update the access-list used in a route-map used for a policy-route on my Cat 4507R 12.2(53)SG, there's a significant delay between when I update the ACL and when the change takes affect.

I'm guessing it has somthing to do with a certain table timing out? What's causing this delay? I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple changes I recently made to a route-map and the delay is killin me. :P Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ryan,

changes to the ACL need to be propagated to TCAM table programming.

I would suggest to try to use a different ACL and then to make a change invoking the new ACL.

the overall process may be faster then waiting for an update of the TCAM table.

if you use a new ACL you are making a config change that should trigger a new calculation of TCAM.

it is enough to alternate two different ACLs you don't need to use a new one at each change.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ryan,

changes to the ACL need to be propagated to TCAM table programming.

I would suggest to try to use a different ACL and then to make a change invoking the new ACL.

the overall process may be faster then waiting for an update of the TCAM table.

if you use a new ACL you are making a config change that should trigger a new calculation of TCAM.

it is enough to alternate two different ACLs you don't need to use a new one at each change.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks. I figured it was somthing simple like that. I just couldn't remember which table it was that had to be updated. Thanks Giuseppe! A true asset to NetPro boards :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card