Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Dumb Question #234512

When I update the access-list used in a route-map used for a policy-route on my Cat 4507R 12.2(53)SG, there's a significant delay between when I update the ACL and when the change takes affect.

I'm guessing it has somthing to do with a certain table timing out? What's causing this delay? I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple changes I recently made to a route-map and the delay is killin me. :P Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Dumb Question #234512

Hello Ryan,

changes to the ACL need to be propagated to TCAM table programming.

I would suggest to try to use a different ACL and then to make a change invoking the new ACL.

the overall process may be faster then waiting for an update of the TCAM table.

if you use a new ACL you are making a config change that should trigger a new calculation of TCAM.

it is enough to alternate two different ACLs you don't need to use a new one at each change.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Ryan,

changes to the ACL need to be propagated to TCAM table programming.

I would suggest to try to use a different ACL and then to make a change invoking the new ACL.

the overall process may be faster then waiting for an update of the TCAM table.

if you use a new ACL you are making a config change that should trigger a new calculation of TCAM.

it is enough to alternate two different ACLs you don't need to use a new one at each change.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Bronze

Thanks. I figured it was somthing simple like that. I just couldn't remember which table it was that had to be updated. Thanks Giuseppe! A true asset to NetPro boards :)

Views
Helpful
Replies