Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Duplicate IP 0.0.0.0 Conflict on 802.1X Windows 7 Clients

Hi,

Ever since we implemented ISE 1.x with 802.1X authentication about two years ago, a number of our Windows 7 user stations occassionally report the well known error message: "duplicate ip 0.0.0.0" . Only wired stations are affected and it happens randomly but not frequently. On further investigation I found that the conflicting device mac address in every case is in fact the bia of the switch port that the Windows 7 PC client is connected. The characteristics of each case is consistent with the Cisco device tracking process as detailed in TAC Document ID: 116529, Updated: Oct 09, 2013
     http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/8021x/116529-problemsolution-product-00.html

We have Cisco C6500 access switches with IOS Ver: 12.2(33)SXJ1.The output of "Show ip device track all" command on the switches:
 access-switch#sh ip device track all
 IP Device Tracking = Enabled
 IP Device Tracking Probe Count = 3
 IP Device Tracking Probe Interval = 30

I found that Cisco recommends three Solution options as follows:
 1. ip device tracking probe delay 10
 2. ip device tracking probe use-svi
 3. ip device tracking probe interval <seconds>

However, the ios only shows track probe "count" and "interval" for change. There is no option to change the probe delay or use-svi in this IOS.

What is your advice?

Many thanks.
Sankung

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You may have a look at this

You may have a look at this document if you have not seen it yet. It goes over device tracking a little more in detail and possible workarounds.

http://tekdigest.blogspot.com/2013/11/windows-7-with-address-conflict-for-ip.html

HTH

luke

Hi luke, The url you are

Hi luke,

The url you are posting are now locked and i am unable to access it ?

Says I need an invite to read the blog ? - really ?

Views
Helpful
Replies