Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic port forwarding with PAT

How can I implement this with Zone-based Firewall on my 1921?

I'm looking for something as simple as the port triggering function on a Linksys or Netgear router.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

these are 2 unrelated concepts, port-triggering is dynamic port-forwarding and ZBF is a stateful firewall.

Explain what do you exactly want to achieve and post your config.

Regards.

alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

Thanks for responding, I don't have a config file yet, it's pretty bare. I'm still in the planning phase.

I'm trying to figure out how to implement the dynamic port forwarding.

I want to be able to use ZBF or CBAC to have as SPI firewall, but to be able to trigger ports.

Hope that's clearer than mud?

Thanks!

Hi,

to my best knowledge port triggering can't be implemented on Cisco routers but maybe more knowledgeable people will

explain if it is possible how to implement it.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

That's what it seems like. I just don't understand why. If a simple Linksys box or a Linux router can run port triggering using something along the lines of iptables why can't a robust system like Cisco IOS do it? Now I don't expect this function to be labeled as port triggering. I'm just not convinced that there isn't a function for it.

Basically, it comes down to this.

We have multiple Xbox 360s on our network, and various other users who play MMORPGs and what not.

We would like to be able to provide a full range of service by optimizing these services for our customers.

If anyone can help it will be most appreciated!

Until then I'm off to Google and various Cisco resources!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card