cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Dynamic VLAN membership Question

Hi

I'm looking into deploying this solution with my blades servers. My question is what do people feel about this technology? I read the following from a document about ehe limits of Dynamic VLANS with VMPS:

"Multiple hosts (MAC addresses) can be active on a dynamic-access port if they are all in the same VLAN; however, the VMPS shuts down a dynamic-access port if more than 20 hosts are active on the port."

Does this also apply to trunk ports?

What would be the best way to approach this deployment, given that I currectly use static VLAN membership?

Thanks in advance

Dan

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Dynamic VLAN membership Question

Only access ports can be configured for Dynamic VLAN membership. Trunk ports cannot be configured as Dynamic; it needs to be only static. The scenario mentioned the document can occure only when you are connecting a hub to the switchport. In this scenario, they are saying that all hosts connected to that switchport via the hub must be in a same VLAN. They are also restricting the maximum number of hosts via hub to be 20.

VMPS is a useful technology. You can also try using Cisco User Registration Tool (URT).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content