Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eFSU on VSS 6513

We have a pair of 6513-E switches with single Sup2T engines in VSS running 15.1(1)SY. Due to a recent bug related to CDP, we need to upgrade to 15.1(1)SY1 which fixes the bug. We want to do this with minimum outage and hence I'm considering the eFSU process.

I've copied the new image file to bootdisk and slavebootdisk. Are the following steps correct?

switch virtual in-chassis standby 1 enable

switch virtual in-chassis standby 2 enable

Do I need these two statements? Cisco shows these in the eFSU doc (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1231339), but I'm not sure if I really need these for 15.1(1)SY1.

issu loadversion bootdisk:image.bin

I'm not sure if that's all that's required to initiate the eFSU. Do I need to enter 'issu loadversion bootdisk:image.bin slavebootdisk:image.bin' instead of just 'issu loadversion bootdisk:image'?

issu runversion

issu commitversion

'issu acceptversion' is optional right? Can I do without that stage to expedite the upgrade process.

Are 15.1(1)SY or 15.1(1)SY1 modular images? I can't find documentation that states if these are modular or monolithic.

And lastly, when exactly does the rollback timer start? At the instant I hit issu loadversion or as soon as the loadversion process is complete?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content