Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

EHWIC-4ESG card disabled in 1941 router

Hi all,

I just got a 1941-SEC/K9 router and EHWIC-4SEG 4-port ethernet switch card to go in it. When I installed the card and did a 'show diag', the router reports 'WIC module not supported/disabled in this slot". My IOS version on the router is version 15.0(1)M3. What do I have to do to enable the card?

Thanks in advance,

--Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: EHWIC-4ESG card disabled in 1941 router

Hello Brian,

I do not have personal experiences with this hardware but according to the datasheet at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/data_sheet_c78-612808_ps5949_Products_Data_Sheet.html

the minimal IOS version you need is IP Base or higher, 15.2(1)T - now, that seems to me to be a gross typo - most certainly, they meant to say 15.1(2)T. There is no 15.2T yet (there is actually not even 15.2 available )

Best regards,

Peter

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello Brian,

I do not have personal experiences with this hardware but according to the datasheet at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/data_sheet_c78-612808_ps5949_Products_Data_Sheet.html

the minimal IOS version you need is IP Base or higher, 15.2(1)T - now, that seems to me to be a gross typo - most certainly, they meant to say 15.1(2)T. There is no 15.2T yet (there is actually not even 15.2 available )

Best regards,

Peter

Community Member

I had seen that too, before ordering the card & router together, which is why I contacted Cisco before purchasing

, to ensure that the card and router would operate correctly together. The rep typed on their computer for a few minutes and said "

yep, they are compatible" - so here I am.

Cisco Employee

Brian,

I am sorry to hear that, nevertheless, that datasheet is obviously in more accordance with your router's behavior than the Cisco representative you spoke with on the phone. Do you have an option of trying that newer IOS? Ideally, this should be taken care of the representative that assured you that it will work.

Best regards,

Peter

Community Member

Yep, you were correct. After I updated the router IOS to 15.1(3)T, the card was recognized.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content