Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EIGRP bandwidth question....

This is a question that never got answered on the cisco learning network fourm that I am curious about....I never could find the answer.

If you change the default EIGRP bandwidth from 50% to something else with the ip bandwidth-percent EIGRP AS %% command, where can you look to see this change reflected?

Thank you,

Jimmy

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: EIGRP bandwidth question....

Jimmy

Do you mean other than doing a "sh run" because if you modify the eigrp bandwidth on an interface it will be reflected in the running config.

Jon

Jimmy,

You can indirectly check this by having a close analysis on how EIGRP paces its packet.

The "sh ip eigrp interface" should give you a column indicating the pacing time in millisecs.

Each time a data packet is queued,  EIGRP determines how long to wait before sending the packet based on the formula

(8 * 100 * packet size in bytes) / (bandwidth in kbps * bandwidth           percentage)

This does have an effect on the protocols behaviour on the links !

Hope that helped !

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Jimmy

Do you mean other than doing a "sh run" because if you modify the eigrp bandwidth on an interface it will be reflected in the running config.

Jon

Jimmy,

You can indirectly check this by having a close analysis on how EIGRP paces its packet.

The "sh ip eigrp interface" should give you a column indicating the pacing time in millisecs.

Each time a data packet is queued,  EIGRP determines how long to wait before sending the packet based on the formula

(8 * 100 * packet size in bytes) / (bandwidth in kbps * bandwidth           percentage)

This does have an effect on the protocols behaviour on the links !

Hope that helped !

Thank to all that replied.  I was really just interested in this question because it never got answered on the Cisco Learning Network fourm.

I think the correct answer is the only place we will see this change is the startup/running config.

Views
Helpful
Replies