Helpful
Replies

eigrp change neighbor metric

m.govorov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have in the LAB hub ans spoke NBMA topology 1 hub and 2 spoke

and i was started EIGRP, HUB was push default route to the spokes.

i need some changes only in the HUB side what will be change neighbor metrik only one neighbor

if i change the interface on the HUB ( delay or bandwith ) this will be affect both spokes

i need change metric only in the one spoke

is it possible with EIGRP  ?

i can't found solution

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

m.govorov wrote:

Hello

I have in the LAB hub ans spoke NBMA topology 1 hub and 2 spoke

and i was started EIGRP, HUB was push default route to the spokes.

i need some changes only in the HUB side what will be change neighbor metrik only one neighbor

if i change the interface on the HUB ( delay or bandwith ) this will be affect both spokes

i need change metric only in the one spoke

is it possible with EIGRP  ?

i can't found solution

Thank you

Yes, you can use an offset-list which allows you to modify the metric on a per interface level -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_eig2.html#wp1012264

Jon

Hello

but i have configured frame-relay in the physical interface so if i use offset-list it will change to both spoke

because both spokes was conected to one HUB serial interface

Thank you

m.govorov wrote:

Hello

but i have configured frame-relay in the physical interface so if i use offset-list it will change to both spoke

because both spokes was conected to one HUB serial interface

Thank you

Ahh, then no you cannot do this. If you need to do this you will need to reconfigure your frame-relay to use subinterfaces and then you can apply the offset-list to the subinterface.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: