sindan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a router that is not learning the default route from its neighbor

RTR2#sh ip route | i 0.0.0.0

10.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 375 subnets, 11 masks

EIGRP topology topology is showing the default route though:

P 0.0.0.0/0, 1 successors, FD is 288000, tag is 22252

via 10.131.255.2 (288000/285440), FastEthernet0/0  !!!!switch connected here, <==> primary upstream router running EIGRP

via 192.168.148.45 (2182656/260096), Serial0/0/0     !!!! RTR2 upstream router connected here

I found some articles mentioning

router eigrp 23
  default-information in

or

clear ip eigrp 1 neighbors soft

or

clear ip route

but not sure exactly what to use. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to correct this issue.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

Check the following in your configuration of which ever EIGRP neighbor is advertising the default route.

Make sure you don't have any distirbute-lists or ACLs blocking anything. Also, check to make sure if you have 'default-information originate' command configured, that you actually have a default route in your routing table, otherwise it will not advertise a default route. You can also use 'default-information originate always' if you don't have a default route configured in your routing table, but want to advertise a default route.

clear ip route * command fixed the issue without a single packet drop.

Hey sindan, have you done any debugging while you were clearing the routing table ?

I also had the same issue, but on virtual device, in GNS3, and it solved only after I cleared the adjacency.

No I did not do any debug while clearing the routing table. Same issue on a 3750 switch translates into bug (CSCte6976)... seems to be a code version issue where the router is not getting the default route from the EIGRP topology table into routing table.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card