Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EIGRP default route missing from routing table

Hi, I have a router that is not learning the default route from its neighbor

RTR2#sh ip route | i 0.0.0.0

10.0.0.0/8 is variably subnetted, 375 subnets, 11 masks

EIGRP topology topology is showing the default route though:

P 0.0.0.0/0, 1 successors, FD is 288000, tag is 22252

via 10.131.255.2 (288000/285440), FastEthernet0/0  !!!!switch connected here, <==> primary upstream router running EIGRP

via 192.168.148.45 (2182656/260096), Serial0/0/0     !!!! RTR2 upstream router connected here

I found some articles mentioning

router eigrp 23
  default-information in

or

clear ip eigrp 1 neighbors soft

or

clear ip route

but not sure exactly what to use. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to correct this issue.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES

Check the following in your configuration of which ever EIGRP neighbor is advertising the default route.

Make sure you don't have any distirbute-lists or ACLs blocking anything. Also, check to make sure if you have 'default-information originate' command configured, that you actually have a default route in your routing table, otherwise it will not advertise a default route. You can also use 'default-information originate always' if you don't have a default route configured in your routing table, but want to advertise a default route.

clear ip route * command fixed the issue without a single packet drop.

Hey sindan, have you done any debugging while you were clearing the routing table ?

I also had the same issue, but on virtual device, in GNS3, and it solved only after I cleared the adjacency.

No I did not do any debug while clearing the routing table. Same issue on a 3750 switch translates into bug (CSCte6976)... seems to be a code version issue where the router is not getting the default route from the EIGRP topology table into routing table.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content